This is my first full-length album. I am very excited to share it with you all. I'm sorry it took so long.
The album is about a young couple and their struggles with anxiety, addiction, and each other.
I do not mean to force any meanings or lessons into the content of the album, nor do the words of the characters necessarily reflect what I believe about life. It is a story. I hope it can be appreciated as a story. In many ways, it doesn't feel like something I created or that I'm even capable of creating. I am very much not the characters and they are very much not me. I hope you can appreciate them as if they were real people.
A download of the album comes with an accompanying short story which serves as a bit of background to the album. There were things I could not express about the characters through the first person point of view in the songs that you can learn in the story. It also comes with some images that go with the album and a large long .png of a zine I made with some information about the album. Enjoy.
Thank you to:
- all of my friends and family for helping me make it this far. So many things have changed between the time when I started this album and the time when it is being released. I am so appreciative of anyone who has been in my life in this time.
- Ben Larson and Hailey for the most wonderful album art
- anyone who was in the Facebook group I made for feedback on these songs
- anyone who has helped to make it okay to be a freak in 2016
- Conrad Gagnon / Deep Sea Records without whom I could not have finished this whole thing
If you have any questions about the album or me, feel free to email me at email@example.com. I'd love to chat.
If you like the album and would like a physical copy on cassette tape, replace DOT with a period and order one here: http://deepsearecords.limitedrun(DOT)com/products/581569-braithwaite-the-tall-and-strong-white-oaks-preorder
or send me an email at ReneRD130@gmail.com
This album was inspired by and owes too much to the following artists and bands: Alex G, Sun Hotel,The Microphones/Mount Eerie, Pinegrove, Tigers Jaw, Neutral Milk Hotel, Nirvana, The Killers, David Bowie, Nouns, and My Chemical Romance.